Ducommun’s permanent magnet alternators for downhold exploration tools are used worldwide as a constant
source of power replacing batteries. The performance of our highly reliable alternators has been
continuously improved over the last 20 years to provide unsurpassed lifetimes in extremely harsh
operating environments at high temperatures-high pressures (HTHP) up up to 232°C (450°F) and 2068 bar (30,000 psi).
The available designs range from size 16 (OD 1.6”) to size 40 (OD 4.0”).
The success of high temperature/pressure alternators frequently requires units with
exceptionally long and thin motor designs from 1.5” dia x 9“ long without gear heads. Ducommun has invested
to acquire the required tooling and expertise to routinely meet these requirements.
Features & Benefits
- High Temperatures-High Pressures (HTHP) up to 232°C (450°F) and 2068 Bar (30,000 psi) ambient temperature
- Power: 5-350 watts
- Size 16 (OD 1.6") to size 40 (OD 4.0")
- Designed to operate while immersed in Hydraulic Oil Per MIL-H-83282C
- Driving speed range: 2,000 - 12,000 rpm
- Designed to meet voltage/rpm requirements
- Oil & gas exploration tools
- Drilling tools
- MWD and LWD tools
- Control wires going through the motor
- Hollow shaft designs
- Framed or frameless versions
- Custom Designs