Matched Die thermal forming process used for exotic metals
We offer the following services at our Parsons location:
- Hot Forming
- Superplastic forming
- Hot joggle
- Hot vacuum forming
- Full CAD/CAM capability
- Stretch forming
- Custom water jet cutting
- Hot forming 200 ton double action press
- Hot forming 150 ton post press - hydraulic (36" x 100" work envelope)
- Titanium, Inconel and other exotics
- On-site design and manufacture of tooling
Super plastic formed, welded exhaust nozzle
- Superplastic Forming 100 Ton Press (34" x 54" Work Envelope).
- Press Capable of Temperatures up to 2000 Degrees.
- Commonly used for Weight Savings and High Temperature Structural Components
- Hot Joggle of Medium to Large Aluminum Extrusions.
- Hot Joggle of Titanium.
- Press Tonnage up to 575 Tons.
- Three and Four axis CNC machining
- Specialize in titanium, stainless steel, inconel and aluminum.
- 36" x 56" vacuum weld chamber
- Spot welding
- TIG, MIG, Sub arc capabilities
- MIL-STD-2219 for Titanium, Inconel, and Stainless Steel
- BAC 5975
An excellent example of our fabrication and assembly capabilities is the MD-900
Explorer Firewall Assembly. This assembly is a superplastic formed, hot formed 6AL-4V
titanium, riveted assembly. Comprised of 163 different parts, the firewall assembly
is 36" long x 72" wide x 24" tall, and is certified through FAA to withstand temperatures
to 2000 degrees F.
MD-900 Explorer Firewall Assembly
One of the services we emphasize at this facility is kitting. We buy or build components
that go into a complete assembly for the customer. Then we put them into a kit that
goes straight to the Boeing assembly line and doesn't go through receiving. We have
a 25,000 sq. ft. facility at this site specially set up for kitting services.
5 Axis Water Jet cutting
Titanium Chem-Milling and Processing
- Tight, precision cutting - accuracy across work envelope of .005 - repeatability
- Three & five axis, CNC programmable gantries
- Cuts a variety of materials, including difficult inconel, stainless steel, composites,
and ceramics up to 6" thick
- Will accept most CAD files or use samples, drawings, Mylars or blueprints
- Capable of omni-directional cutting
- Ideal for final trimming of formed parts
- Largest bed size of 6' x 12'
Full CAD/CAM/CATIA/UG Capability
- Aqueous alkaline degrease
- Alkaline clean
- Nitric fluoride etch
- Phosphate fluoride coating (per BAC 5753, 5761, 5749 and 5861)
- Maximum working area (net tank size) 2.5' wide x 11' length x 4.5' depth
- Unigraphics II with native CATIA and IGES translator
- Cadkey with IGES
- Compucor AS 3000
- Files utilized include native CATIA, IGES, Unigraphics, DXF, DWG, and CDL